The Importance of Individualized Addiction Treatment
Using drugs and other harmful substances often results in an increased dependency on that drug, especially once your body gains a tolerance to that drug. Eventually, your body will grow to be addicted to the drug, and when this happens, time is of the essence – treatment is necessary.
Addiction impacts millions of people all around the world on any given day, and while it would be nice to have a one-size-fits-all solution to recovery, that’s not the case. Much like treatments for other health conditions, addiction requires an individualized and personalized treatment plan.
This might complicate the addiction recovery process and may involve some trial-and-error, but it’s the only way to ensure each patient is given the necessary treatment – which often includes a combination of clinical therapy, prescription medication, and lifestyle or behavioral changes.
What are the Levels of Care in Addiction Treatment?
Before we discuss the importance of an individualized addiction treatment plan, we should first discuss the different levels of care involved in addiction treatment. This is crucial to ensuring the right patients are receiving the right level of care, which is necessary when chasing recovery.
There are often five levels of care in addiction treatment. Let’s take a closer look:
- Level 0.5 – also known as early intervention services, this level is designed for those at an increased risk of developing a substance use disorder, but haven’t been diagnosed.
- Level 1 – also known as outpatient services, this level requires patients to meet with treatment and mental health professionals regularly, usually under 10 hours per week.
- Level 2 – also known as intensive outpatient services or partial hospitalization services, this level requires more frequent meetings and treatment up to 20 hours per week.
- Level 3 – also known as residential or inpatient treatment programs, this level requires patients to live on-site or nearby for more intense, around-the-clock addiction treatment.
- Level 4 – also known as medically-managed intensive inpatient services, this level requires 24-hour treatment along with intense medical and clinical monitoring.
The major difference between the five levels of care is the intensity of care. Some people (those with a higher level of care) require more intense treatment for severe addictions, while others (those with a lower level of care) are given less attention. It’ll differ for each individual patient.
What is an Individualized Addiction Treatment Program?
It doesn’t matter what drug you’re addicted to, how long you’ve been addicted to that drug, or how that drug has impacted your life and surroundings – everyone has their own unique story with addiction. With that said, it makes sense that every addict needs a unique treatment plan.
This is where an individualized addiction treatment program comes into play. It provides a unique, individualized, personalized, tailored, and customized approach to addiction treatment, which ensures each patient receives the proper treatment at the right time for a speedy recovery.
Just think, most people addicted to a drug or harmful substance will need a combination of medication, therapy, and behavioral changes. Of course, there are dozens of different types of medication, dozens of types of therapy, and an endless amount of lifestyle changes to make.
A personalized treatment program is designed to find the right combination of medication, therapy, and lifestyle changes. It might take some trial and error, especially since everyone responds to treatment differently, but the tailored approach is bound to find an effective solution.
What is the Importance of an Individualized Rehab Program?
An individualized addiction treatment program is often the best approach to recovery. It puts the patient in a position to succeed and takes into account the specific and personal needs of each individual patient. Like we said earlier, there is no one-size-fits-all solution to addiction treatment.
Outside of increasing the chances of a successful recovery, here are some of the benefits of an individualized rehab program:
- Takes into account the physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual impact of each individual patient.
- Find the proper medication that the body responds to properly.
- Find the correct type of therapy that the individual responds to properly.
- Allows physicians to detect, diagnose, prevent, monitor, and treat the individual, not just the addiction.
- Gives the patient the tools and resources needed to prevent relapse in the future.
If you or someone you know might benefit from a personalized treatment program for addiction, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. The longer you wait to find effective treatment, the more you allow the addiction to take control of their life. Time is of the essence when treating addiction.
How to Find Comprehensive Rehab Programs Near Me
Are you looking for a treatment program that takes into account each patient’s individual needs? Brightside Recovery is an Illinois rehab center designed to give you the best chance at recovery. At Brightside Recovery, we have over 25 years of experience in the industry and are excited to extend that experience to you and your family. Contact us today to learn more about our Illinois outpatient treatment programs.